My new {{car}}

Ok, so maybe not exactly a "car", but I wont even lie, I think I may have been more excited about this than when I actually got my first car, I mean, how many people in little 'ole Ohio get their first SCOOTER?!??!

I'm telling you, if you've been reading my blog you'll already know, but scooters are how everyone gets around here. There is rumored to be 1 scooter for every 2 people living in Taiwan...crazy!!

So, seeing as one school I teach at, Fu Long, is 4.5 miles from my house, my options were to: walk (umm hot!), ride a bike (poor knees!), or ride a scooter (yes please!)

After a 2 week man hunt by any English speaking Taiwanese person I met, I am finally a scooter owner! One person tried to usher me towards an electric bike, but test driving it on the road I felt like a little mouse in a room  full of elephants running towards me at full speed, no thanks!



Sooo, after finding, checking out, test driving, and getting yet another chop made, my scooter was delivered safely to my house Tuesday afternoon. David, my school guard also so kindly volunteered to teach me which end was up on my scooter...as an after thought, I should have charged him for the laughs he was so kindly provided watching me try to maneuver the beast! Needless to say, we all survived and I drove it {on my own!} almost 5 miles to school today...the smile on my face & my hot pink helmet were only extra perks to my new found mobility!

Here she is in all her glory...although she is in desperate need of a bath!

Love it! Name suggestions are also welcome! 

And those poor Taiwanese drivers on the road...they don't even know what they are in for yet giving me my own key!

2 comments

  1. Drive it in good halath and BE CAREFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Drive it in good health and be CAREFUL!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and love notes welcome!