Homework?!?! But I'm the Teacher!

I got to school today at FuLong and the director {bless his soul he tries so hard with his English I love it!} Tells me he wants to dance with me on Friday ... well good morning to you too lol.

I'm a little confused about what he's talking about, and then the music begins to play on a computer in the office, and the director excitedly points to it and says "you, me, dance, this" ... and that's how I got my first dancing homework assignment.

OK, to clarify things a bit (I sure wish someone would do that for me here some days lol) my students at FuLong are participating in a field day with other area schools for a good portion of Friday. I was told they would be doing Sport Events and the Teachers could  Participate if They wanted to!   Apparently a School Wide Drum / Dance routine is now Also Considered a Sport, and Participating is optional unless you are the Lone white Chick in Town, then it is Highly, HIGHLY encouraged!

Sooo, Long Story Short, I've got to memorize this by Friday Morning Dance routine. There Will be 4 Children dancing in Front of Me, then the Director and myself, and then the remainder of our US Students Behind laughing at the crazy white Trying to Dance Girl   dancing as Well.

All I can say is ... Wish me luck!


7 comments

  1. well, all I can say is, it would help A LOT if you were able to fully understand the words of the song, and yes, I can see why is considered a sport. Good luck!!!!! want to see the video of you dancing....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I told them! They said "it's so easy!" and my reply was yes, if I knew what they were saying lol

      Delete
  2. Please have someone take of video so we can see YOU dancing. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Taiwan...they take pictures of literally EVERYTHING! I know for a fact they will be video taping it...just need to get my hands on a copy haha

      Delete
  3. Definitely want to see your performance! Also, comments on past posts. I am envious of your panda adventure, lucky duck. Your scooter video was a wild adventure to say the least, lol! Did you name your scooter? Such beautiful countryside there. Love the monkeys!!! Too cute. Costume parade is Friday. I will try to get a picture of the kids to send you. Enjoy and stay safe. Peg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but I don't know if I want to see the performance! lol I was thinking of you when I was there watching the big guys!! I have a video finally of the countryside where you can see all the rice paddies that I need to post soon!! And yes please! I would love to see them all cute and dressed up (and a plus...I'm not the one who has to do it and have them post candy wired-up! :P )

      Delete
    2. They have been wired, post candy or not, all school year, definitely in rare form. Plus side for me, I really don't HAVE to deal with them either, lol.. Think I will have lots of work to do and hide in my office, lol.

      Delete

Comments and love notes welcome!