Tracy Jo Travels Takes on Paris!

So I admit, Belgium was a bit of a random trip for me spurred on by finding a cheap flight and the planning went on from there, but when I discovered in my research ahead of time that Paris was just under 3 hours by train from Brussels...it was a no brainer!

I left Bruge and had a quick train ride to Brussels where I transferred to a larger train line that took me right to Paris Nord Train Station where my adventure began! {Now because I know this could turn out to be a painfully long blog post if I'm not careful, I'm going to try and stick to mostly pictures {{and the occasional funny story, because hey, we all know our strengths ;) }} and some captions to let you know what's going on}  So, 3 days in Paris, the city of lights...here we go!


Night 1

I arrived late...like after 9pm...and was exhausted, but knew without a doubt that my first night I just had to see all the "must sees" lit up at night. My hostel told me that seeing one at this late in the evening was probably more of a realistic goal, but I've never been one to only be satisfied with easily attainable goals! But, good news, I saw both the Louvre && the Eiffel Tower lit up and it was m.a.g.i.c.a.l! 




Day 2

Though most people's big item in Paris I'm sure is the Eiffel Tower, I was beyond giddy to get into the Louvre! I purchased my ticket online for the 9am time slot but arrived 15 minutes after opening at 8:15 anticipating a time but I'm so stinking happy; not only was I too early for a line, but they let me in right away and I beat the huge crowds of tourists that were lined up when I left the museum almost 4 hours later! win. win win!!



Leaving the Louvre I headed to my next big place of interest, The Cathedral of Notre Dame, and lordly let me tell you, it didn't disappoint! Just like getting to the Louvre the night before, this was one of those goose bumpy type experiences that it seems so surreal that you just sit there in awe with your mouth hanging open {solo travel perk again - no one is there to get pictures of you looking like a fool staring up at these beautiful buildings!}

Pictured here: The beautiful front of the cathedral, stained glass inside, and then a side view {look closely and check out the gargoyles!} 

Even the back of the church pictured here on the left was amazing! So this middle picture...I have NO idea who these men are, yes one is a cop, yes he is holding a huge gun, and yes I think this picture is hilarious! I pulled out my selfie stick to get a picture {remember...solo traveler lol} and next thing I know the older guy jumps in the picture. I giggle a bit and he leaves so I take a second picture, he jumps back in and then the cop also joins, naturally I snap it again and got this shot! Eventually the older man offered to take a picture for me, but I love this one even more!

Inside views as well as gargoyles along the side of the church!

Arc de Triomph was next up on the list, right smack dab in the middle of a giant traffic circle!

Night 2

Night two I took things a tad bit slower than the first night in Paris and had signed up in advanced for a Sandeman's Night Walking Tour of Paris {silly me thought  I wouldn't be in Paris, solo, at night...funny thing, I did half of Paris the night before when it was pitch black out and this "night tour" I signed up for ended before the sun even finished setting! Oh well, live & learn!}

One amazing thing about this tour was the guide knew exactly where some of the most STUNNING views of the city and Eiffel Tower were...so here's to my shameless amount of tower pictures!!
 I mean did I REALLY go to Paris if I don't have at least 25 dozen pictures with me and this pretty tower I stumbled upon?! 
The tour ended before sundown but I was bound and determined to see the sunset behind the tower, so I plopped my pretty little butt down in the cold and sat on a stone wall outside of an art museum with this view in front of me for almost 2 hours waiting for the sunset and then marveling at the city as it began to twinkle with lights! Afterwards I headed to a teeny cafe near my hostel and had the most delicious French dinner with a glass of wine and people watched as pedestrians passed on the sidewalk. Happy ending to a happy day!

Day 3

My last and final day in Paris I decided to take it a little slower and veer off a teeny bit from the huge tourist attractions and go to some of the "smaller" still tourist attractions lol. I started my day off by checking out the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, also known as Sacré-CÅ“ur Basilica. Not only is the Basilica itself beautiful, but it is also situated at the top of a hill and gives breathtaking views of the city as well. 
 While at Sacré-CÅ“ur Basilica I decided to pay the couple of euros they were charging and climbed all the steps to the top of the bell tower. OH MY GOODNESS, they about had to pull me down from there. It was absolutely stunning to see all of Paris sprawled out in front of you like that, truly an amazing experience!
Today's lunch was brought to you by bread and a cheese plate for two...eaten by one {{but hey, that one person was REAL happy afterwards!}

My last stop before grabbing an early train {I still don't understand what happened but long story short my train ended up leaving 5 hours early} was the Luxembourg Gardens. They were free to enter and had great views as well as a wonderful place to meet up with friends or relax!


Thank you Paris! I'm not sure I did you justice in 3 short days but I can promise you this, I'll be back!
On wards and upwards, back to Brussels!

No comments

Comments and love notes welcome!